Print this page

MGS Record Searchers

The following persons have submitted their names to the Manitoba Genealogical Society Inc. and are willing to conduct research on a fee-for-service basis. Individuals wishing to engage the services of a searcher must correspond directly with the searcher of their choice.

Please note: the Manitoba Genealogical Society Inc. does not recommend individual searchers nor can the Manitoba Genealogical Society Inc. accept any form of responsibility for the performance of any searcher whom you may hire.


Rick McLellan

10 Frost Ave.
Winnipeg, MB, R3K 0E2
Phone (204) 832-0033

Research Areas: Winnipeg and Rural Manitoba - city directories, census, newspaper obits, local histories, cemeteries, homestead and headstone photos.

Bonnie Bridge

21 Lawndale Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R2H 1S7
Phone (204) 237-3824

Research Areas:  Winnipeg and Rural Manitoba, Courts, Land Titles, Provincial Archives, HBC Archives and Libraries.

Myrna Mackey, plcgs

147 Tweedsmuir Road
Winnipeg, MB R3P 1Z5
Phone 204-489-9880
E-mail at

Research areas: Manitoba, southern Ontario, N. Ireland (land records), census, birth, marriage and death records, newspapers, wills, religous records and cemeteries.

GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc.

#101 - 5170 Dunster Road, Suite #521
Nanaimo, BC  V9T 6M4
Tel: (250) 390-1766 Fax: (250) 390-1787 Toll-Free Tel: (877) 390-1766
Research Areas:  Certified & accredited genealogists with many decades of experience, local to the Manitoba scene and nationally, will conduct hourly & daily research for family history and forensic/legal clients in all areas. We specialize in all English-speaking countries involving complex multi-regional pedigree developments though, with our network of agents, will also conduct work in other foreign countries.  Please review our website and contact us for further information.

Tips and Suggestions

Some suggestions when contacting a record searcher:

  • Include a copy of your pedigree chart, (include religion, if known.)
  • Gives details of the lines which need work.
  • Specify what research has already been done on those lines.
  • Send a self-addressed stamped envelope or a self-addressed envelope with an International Reply Coupon (IRC).

Previous page: Research Assistance
Next page: MGS Publications